Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can my students use a private template that they can customize as their own?

Dan Burke October 9, 2020

Hi - loving the quick feedback in here thank you! I'm trying to share templates that can be copied and used individually (in google docs/sheets you can copy a template and use as your own - you can also keep the doc private) this is what I am trying to do - any help will be amazing thanks! I am hoping hundreds of students can take a copy of my template and customize it as their own with out screwing up the original or making public.

4 answers

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2020

Call the template something sensible like DUPLICATE - RENAME YOUR COPY

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2020

Share your board, put it in a group or team, and invite ... call the board something sensible like TEMPLATE ONLY - DUPLICATE & RENAME IN YOUR SPACE

And put it in board instructions on first card top left, nice red icon or flashing gif ... read me first type thing.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2020

@Dan Burke when someone copies a template it's a completely new board, they own it and nothing they do will effect the original

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2020

Thanks for jumping in - template is the missing word in my long description! Again I have to say @Dan Burke - listen to @Iain Dooley he is awesome with solutions in Trello 🎉

Like Iain Dooley likes this
0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2020

Hi @Dan Burke 

cool idea using Trello :)

Check out the permission page of Trello to set all permissions only for you - the admin of the board. You should set all permissions on disabled! Check out the settings for the board in menu (find out more in help)

What I found useful for such boards the first list named something like "How to use this board" - you will find this quite often on public boards. 
There I create cards with first steps - you can e.g. describe how to create a copy for personal use of the board, useful helps to the Trello page, how to costumize, how to contact you for improvements, links to the librarie and many more.
Give each this topics another card to make them find easily!

Hope this helps and good look! My sister is a teacher and made good experiences using Trello for homework and also for sport exercises. 

Feel free to ask for more help ☺️

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events