It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can i receive a notification when a card was create to me by email?

I have a service to receive tickets by email and i received by trello, and the problem that i have is this:

Trello create well the card and it appear with me as a member but i never receive a notification when it was created automatically, and always i have to stay open trelo to see if i have any ticket assign to me.

I need to know how to do something to receive that notification or at least assign a date to the card since the email sending in order to receive the notification.

Fernando 

4 answers

0 votes

Hi @Fernando Forero B. normally when a card is created and you are added as a member you will receive a Trello notification.

Moreover you could follow the list, board where the cards are created to get notified as well.

Turn your frequency of notifications to Instantly so you will get it almost inmediatly.

For assigning a due date you can do it with Butler. Establishing X due date days in advance since the card is created.

Un saludo

Ok let me check by parts

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Mar 19, 2020

@Fernando Forero B. the reason that you're not receiving a notification is because it's your own email-to-board address that is being used to create the card. As such, it is "you" that's performing the action.

If you want to receive notifications for email-to-board cards you can do the following:

1) Create a new member called "Fernando Emails" and add that member to your board

2) Login as that member and retrieve the email-to-board addres

3) Forward your emails using that address

4) Now in your main account, watch the inbox list

Now, since it is a different member taking the action, you will receive a notification on your watched list.

Also, if you're using Trello as a helpdesk you might like this thing I created to allow you to also reply to emails from Trello:

http://www.benkodesk.com/

I do that and i add a new member and since the email of that member i send a email with the tag @ferForerob that is my user but apper the card and assign to me and nothing.

I also check the notifications and all are activated, and nothing, 

Or it is important to create a new email for the board to make it work well?

0 votes

Hi @Fernando Forero B. again, take a look on Zapier. You can Trigger a Zap when the card is created

You can continue with an action that send an email to your inbox. If you want to go deeper you can add the shortlink of the trello card and jump to it directly.

If you need consultancy you can send me an email here: tonypanea@gmail.com

Hope it helps!

Ready :D thanks a lot Tony, i didn`t have and idea that depends of the account trello create different emails to create cards! that´s the way!

Thank you very much!

The only thing i have as doubt is if i can define a date in the creation by email

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,520 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you