How can I view a barcode on a Trello card and print it?

John Twigg April 18, 2017

We have been using Trello for a work order system for three years now.  It has been very successful and we create about 200 cards a month with it.  Now, we need to track inventory (rolls of carpet in this case) and we've looked at off-the-shelf inventory systems.  However, we think that if we built it in Trello that we would have a better, more integrated solution.  The problem area is placing a barcode into a card and then printing the card with barcode on a label printer.

Are we asking too much of Trello?  Has anyone done anything simpler who could share with me the right approach to take?  Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Abimael Arce May 1, 2018

Check power up agile card , you can print and automatic qr code generate / url from card

0 votes
Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

[DELETED] Sorry, replied to wrong thread.

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2017

Hi John,

That's a tough one! If you were able to generate the bardcode as an image, you could attach that image to the card, and then use a Chrome extension to customize the printout of that card. There are a couple of Chrome extensions that might work, like this one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-board-printer/jbgpfjbmmlcaicpeimjggdppephemamf?hl=en-US

Right now, I think the image would be your only way of adding the barcode in a readable format to your card.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events