Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I turn off over-zealous autocorrect in Trello cards?

mbloore May 7, 2019

I'm getting some very odd and potentially damaging behaviour in Trello. I added a card with "datatype set" in the description, and when I finish editing it is changed to "data set". While editing it changes back.

I added a comment which said:

this system has a dictatorial autocorrect system. if i type "datatype set" in the description it changes it to "data set". but it doesn't seem to do that in comments. but it does change "a dictatorial" to just "dictatorial".

And when I finish editing it changes to:

this system has dictatorial autocorrect system. if i type "datatype set" in the description it changes it to "data set". but it does not seem to do that in comments. but it does not change.

Which pretty much replaces the last sentence. Has anyone else seen such behaviour? This makes me very distrustful of Trello. It would be easy to not notice a significant change, like inserting "not" where it does not belong.

This might be relevant: the board was created by a Portuguese speaker, but I post in English. Could there be some translation going on? Boards I create don't seem to have this problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2019

@mbloore as far as I know any auto correction behaviour is governed by your browser, not by Trello. 

mbloore May 11, 2019

I type lots of stuff into my browser (Chrome, sometimes Safari). The only place this happens is in the Trello boards created by my Portugues colleagues. It does not happen on my own boards. My Chrome is set to English, and I expect that theirs are set to Portugues, but I don't see how that would affect Trello in this way. But since the changes in my text go beyond any simple autocorrect, I suspect some translation is happening, which is both annoying and surprising. What is controlling it, that knows that those other boards are intended to be in Portuguese? Trello has a language setting for me, but so far as I can tell none for individual boards. Do new boards inherit the language of their creators?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2019

@mbloore yeah that sounds weird alright. Can you reproduce the problem in the Trello desktop app?

I guess the only recourse is to create a screenshot or screencast that demonstrates the issue as best you can, then send it to support@trello.com, they're super responsive even for free accounts

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events