Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see how long it takes for lists to turn over?

Thomas Pierson March 17, 2022

I am looking for a way to see how long it takes for cards to make their way though the workflow, but I don't want to track the individual card, I want to see how long it takes for a list to completely turn over.  So more focused on the List and not the Cards.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2022

@Thomas Pierson 

You can use a combination of 

when list  has (exactly/more than/fewer than) x cards and capture the {date~X} in 2 CFs  and compute the difference to get the list turnover. Try it.

Thomas Pierson March 18, 2022

I'll try, but will that work if there are cards being added to and moved out of the lists daily?  For instance, there will always be say 10 cards in the list, but I need to know how long on average a card is staying in the list.

Thomas Pierson March 18, 2022

@milynnus I can clarify more clearly what I'm after... I wish to see how many cards are entering a list and moving out of a list in detail or on average over a given period of time (daily, weekly, etc).

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2022

@Thomas Pierson 

From your clarifications, there are 2 requirements (1) time on list for a card (2) movement in/out of a list. 

The short answer is that both can be achieved but not without code since you are looking at stats for different periods. 

Try Blue Cat power up to see if you requirements can be achieved. Otherwise some custom code will be required. The movement data is captured on every card. There are also webhook so that the data can be captured external for reporting. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2022

@Thomas Pierson 

I took opportunity to learn how to use Streamlit with Deta Base. Below makes use of a webhook with list_id as the idModel to track the movement of cards in and out of the list.

To build a custom dashboard will take a bit longer. As you can see, I needed a date which can be used to generate different periods.

It is dynamic because the data will be update when you refresh the browser.

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 6.04.20 PM.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events