It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I search comments for tagging?

How can I search for comments and checklist items I am tagged in?

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Jan 14, 2020

Hi @Skip Foster 

Checklists are a little tricky, but comments and watching are easier!

On any board, click on your Avatar (top right), then click 'Activity' and any comment you're tagged in should appear in the activity list below. You can also pop your cursor in the search bar and type @me and all cards that you're watching/a member of will show up.

Checklists don't appear in the same way and I can't see any way to get to them. I'll have a look into this today and see if I can find any way to find them. You could use Butler to automatically create a comment with your username when you're added to a card or added to a checklist, which would put your username in the comments fields at the bottom, and allow you to search through them that way.

You could also add a Butler command which could work something like this:

• When someone adds @me to a checklist
  • Create a copy of the card on Board X and link the cards together

And then do the same for all comments.

It might not be the best work around for your specific needs, but it would make sure that any card you appear on are in one place that you can manage?

Please let me know of any other details you think might be pertinent and I'll do my best!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,627 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you