Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I pull up ALL archived cards? I want to see a full history, formatted into one document...

Collin Cowsill March 24, 2020

I'm conducting an analysis of major task & project completions, and need to draw upon my entire Trello board's Archived history. The only way I know is to slowly sift through the 'Archived Items' on the right-screen tab.

Is there a way to import a full spread containing the entire archive history?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2020

@Collin Cowsill you can use the API to do this, here's an example of a Trellinator function that would move all archived cards to a list of the same name in a different board and unarchive them:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/280661cbe2f76148b5692068a7425ec5

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Collin Cowsill March 26, 2020

Thank you @Iain Dooley , I appreciate the help! (I'm novice in API interaction) Do I run this function on Google Scripts, or do I need access to a separate API platform?  And by "list of the same name", to which name are you referring? I understand that I need to create a "Reincardnate" board, yes?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

@Collin Cowsill the Reincardnate board will be created if it doesn't already exist. And yes, you'd run the function in Google Apps Script, it will use the Trello REST API to do what you need. What I mean by "list of the same name" a list named the same as the list in which the archived card currently resides.

The article I linked you to has instructions for setting up and running Trellinator inside Google Apps Script. Let me know how you go!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events