How can I prevent the 'watch' setting from being added as cards are created?

Jeff Fox December 14, 2018

Within the last two days, an issue has occurred where every time I add a card, the watch icon appears automatically.  How can I prevent this from happening?

This behavior occurs for every board I have, after clearing the browser cache, while using a different browser.  When adding cards on my iPhone, the watch icon doesn't show, but when I view the newly created card in my browser, it does appear.

Note:  I have checked settings for the lists and boards in questions.  None of the lists or boards are set to 'watch'.

I have also seen some comments that you need to disable this in a comment, but I don't see the setting exposed at that level.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi @Jeff Fox I just found out that the Trello team made a temporary change as part of an experiment that includes the behavior you're seeing. There isn't currently a way to disable that, but I've passed your comments about the change along to the team. Sorry for the frustration in the meantime! Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Have a great rest of your day.

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2018

Hi @Jeff Fox , the Trello Team received a lot of feedback about this autowatching feature that was recently enabled in Trello.   As a result they are planning to disable the auto-watch feature on creation of new cards for now.  However there is still an auto-watch enabled for any user that changes a due date on a card, that one will remain in effect for the time being. This change will take affect sometime between now and by end of day tomorrow (Thursday) for all Trello sites.

I hope this helps and have a great day,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2018

Hi Jeff, there is confirmation that this issue has now been fixed for Trello users, I am marking the question as resolved.

Have a great evening,
Jodi

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2018

Hey Jeff,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration.

Would you mind reaching out to us at https://trello.com/contact so we can take a closer look at this with you please?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events