It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I prevent the 'watch' setting from being added as cards are created?

Within the last two days, an issue has occurred where every time I add a card, the watch icon appears automatically.  How can I prevent this from happening?

This behavior occurs for every board I have, after clearing the browser cache, while using a different browser.  When adding cards on my iPhone, the watch icon doesn't show, but when I view the newly created card in my browser, it does appear.

Note:  I have checked settings for the lists and boards in questions.  None of the lists or boards are set to 'watch'.

I have also seen some comments that you need to disable this in a comment, but I don't see the setting exposed at that level.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Dec 17, 2018

Hi @Jeff Fox I just found out that the Trello team made a temporary change as part of an experiment that includes the behavior you're seeing. There isn't currently a way to disable that, but I've passed your comments about the change along to the team. Sorry for the frustration in the meantime! Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Have a great rest of your day.

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Dec 19, 2018

Hi @Jeff Fox , the Trello Team received a lot of feedback about this autowatching feature that was recently enabled in Trello.   As a result they are planning to disable the auto-watch feature on creation of new cards for now.  However there is still an auto-watch enabled for any user that changes a due date on a card, that one will remain in effect for the time being. This change will take affect sometime between now and by end of day tomorrow (Thursday) for all Trello sites.

I hope this helps and have a great day,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Dec 20, 2018

Hi Jeff, there is confirmation that this issue has now been fixed for Trello users, I am marking the question as resolved.

Have a great evening,
Jodi

0 votes
Garrett Atlassian Team Dec 17, 2018

Hey Jeff,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration.

Would you mind reaching out to us at https://trello.com/contact so we can take a closer look at this with you please?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,567 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you