Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I move Ownership Enterprise Account Board to Another Account?

hi, my organization is closing the Trello account, however there are boards that i want to move to my private account as i want to continue to work on these boards. 

i heave tested the guidance on moving to another account but i get a message saying that external account cannot be the owner of a business board. 

how can i move these boards to my private ownership? 

thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Lara Atlassian Team Sep 28, 2021

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for reaching out!

If a board is part of an Enterprise Workspace, the board and its lists/cards can’t be moved or copied outside of the Enterprise. This was designed to help give admins more control over Enterprise content, keeping it inside of organization boards – ensuring security and content control.

That said, it sounds like you have some personal data you'd like to move out of the Enterprise.

Would you mind reaching out https://trello.com/contact so we can investigate further? Thanks!

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,352 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you