Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make card and checklist templates?

Bellevue Fine Art Repro September 13, 2019

I've looked in the forums, and there are a couple of threads but they point to deleted articles or references.

Is there a way to create card templates, so when I create a card I can choose which template to apply? 

Is there a way to create a checklist template? I see you can apply a recent template, but I want to create a consistent template list to choose from that has steps always used in a list. 

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2019

@Bellevue Fine Art Repro generally for a card template you'd just have a couple of templates and copy from one of them to create your new card. If you want to choose from a list of checklist templates, put the template lists onto a card with the name starting with a "." like ".Checklist templates" that way the templates will always be at the top of the "copy items from" checklist menu.

You can also use the Butler power up for doing things like automatically adding a checklist when you apply a certain label to a card.

0 votes
Matt Bray October 28, 2019

@Bellevue Fine Art Repro I have noticed recently that Trello looks like they will be introducing card templates soon, as my Trello has a card template beta version currently on it.

Card Template.JPG

There is also an option on boards to make them a template. I personally have found this quite handy, but the settings are limited and any butler formatting active on the board template will not be active when the board is copied. Hopefully, this will change in the near future.

I would also assume that Trello will be looking at integrating template boards and card into the Butler add-on, so I would keep an eye out there as it could make things a lot simpler.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events