It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I make a recurring / repeating card which starts on a date that I specify?

I've tried the repeater powerup, but there's no way to edit the start date. Meaning, if I have a card I want recurring every two weeks, such as taking out the recycling, the start date is important as if it's wrong then the whole series is shifted and created cards will occur on the wrong dates.

To give a specific example, today is 2/3 and if I a wanted to create a repeating card which starts on 2/16 and repeats every two weeks, this is not possible with card repeater as it will default to 2/9 being the start date, with the next occurrence on 2/23. Is there another alternative or perhaps some way to be able to choose the repeating card's start date?

1 answer

Hi @mmagistro 

A possible way to test is to create 2 custom fields titled "start date" & "repeating occurs". 

Then, you can create a rule which creates a new card with

• a due + 2 weeks
  • occurs - 1 

Finaly, just add a card and fill the 2 customs fields

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,624 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you