How can I fix my Trello desktop app from disappearing when using multiple screens?

Michael Gabriel September 28, 2017

I use Trello for windows and the app keeps disappearing when I am using multiple screens.  I have tried fixes found on microsoft's support sites:

- right clicking on tray and cascading windows

- right clicking on trello desktop app and trying to drag it to a new screen

None of these are working.

1 answer

1 vote
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Michael,

Would you clarify, how exactly does the app disappear? Is it being hidden behind other app windows, or does the app appear open, but you can't locate the app window?

Michael Gabriel October 1, 2017

The appears on the tray and is open.  The issue is that i can't locate the window.  I am using 3 screens (my laptop screen and 2 monitors).

This happens after working for a while and switching between Trello and another app (e.g. browser, excel).  When I try to go back to Trello the window disappears even thought it is clearly running (it appears in the tray) and I can see it in Task Manager.

When I uninstall and reinstall the Trello app, I fix the issue but the same thing happens as described above.

It also happens when 1) I move the Trello app from my laptop screen (main screen) to one of the other screens and 2) close the Trello app from one of those additional screens.  When I try to launch the Trello app again it is clearly running but I cannot see the window.

Helgi Hauksson October 3, 2017

I have the same setup and the same problem.  It´s like the app is open on a none existing screen and I can't get it back. 

Alexclintu October 16, 2017

Same problem here, I am using 2 screens

Joey LoSurdo November 21, 2017

Same problem.   It seems to happen when I switch offices (all of which have multiple screens).

The only fix is it to uninstall the app and reinstall it.

Restarting your computer doesn't work.

Windows Key + Arrow  (Up, Down, Left, Right) doesn't work.

Cascade Windows...etc...doesn't work.

Please advise.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events