How can I delete a duplicate list?

Elizabeth R. Donaldson May 11, 2018

I accidentally copied a list when learning about Trello. Now I have two identical columns/lists of "To Do". How to delete one of them??? Need an "undo" button I think!

2 answers

1 vote
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2018

Hey Elizabeth

For lists, you can only archive them. There's not a delete option for lists. You can archive and delete the individual cards or just archive the list of cards.

Elizabeth R. Donaldson May 13, 2018

Okay, thanks. I was hoping for an "undo" button for those times when one tries something out just to see how it works, but doesn't want to keep the results! Or at least a delete option for duplicates. I have now archived the duplicate list and will be deleting all 80 cards individually, as we are updating info on the active list and don't want to confuse the two lists. 

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2018

I have a board called “delete”. Then when I have an entire list of cards that I want to delete (not just archive), I move them to that board. Then I occasionally delete the entire “delete” board and make a new one to start over. Makes it easier to delete a bunch of stuff.

Matthew, that is clever! I will have to try it! Sounds easier than doing it one at a time, plus the info is available in case you need to "undelete". Thanks!

Just tried moving the list from Archived to my new board Proposed Deletions, but they didn't move. Maybe some things are only possible with Power Up level? Or maybe can't move things from Archived at all (although it says "Move to". . . so I thought I could.) Still learning. . . . 

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2018

You’ll need to send the lists back to board and then move them to another board. 

0 votes

Ahah. . . I tried one card and that works! Now to figure out how to send the archived list. . .  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events