Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add the same people to a card that are on a linked card?

Katherine Wiant June 29, 2022

Hi!

I have a flow that automatically copies a card once its put on a certain list in one workspace, and places it into another workspace. The card then copies back to the original board once its moved to a "complete" list in the second workspace. Since there are two copies in the original workspace at this point, it archives the first one. It seems like it only keeps the members on the card if they are members of both workspaces. Is there anyway to pull members from the original linked card and automatically add them to the new card?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Katherine Wiant ! Welcome to the community :) it sounds like the members are getting wiped from the card when it's copied to the other board due to those users not being members of that secondary board. 

If adding these members to both boards is not an option, I'd suggest capturing the members of the card in a different way. For example, you could use labels for each user. When a card is copied from one board to another, the labels will always follow through. You can also make these labels grey so they don't appear on the front of the card.

If you want to automate things, you could auto-apply the labels when a member is added to the card.

E.g. "When a member is added to a card, apply the {username} label"

You could also potentially use these labels to re-add the members to the card when the card moves back. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events