Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add/remove items on a checklist so it updates on all the cards with the checklist?

Maria Patino February 11, 2022

I work for a nonprofit and for each new volunteer there is a process that they need to go through. Each volunteer is added as a card under the list titled "New Volunteers 2022." I have it automated so that the checklist "Volunteer Process Checklist" is added to each new card I create. My problem is that there are times when I need to add, remove, or reorder items on the "Volunteer Process Checklist." I already tried making changes to the "Volunteer Process Checklist" and copying the checklist items to all the volunteer cards but that is too time consuming. Is there a way I can get the changes I make to the "Volunteer Process Checklist" to update to the volunteer cards with the old "Volunteer Process Checklist?" 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2022

@Maria Patino 

Under cascade, you can define a criteria to select the cards and for each card do a add or delete of the checklist item.

Do note that Trello would allow you to iterate through max 150 cards at a time aka in a command. If you have to handle more than that you might have to find a way to do this run multiple times by having different criteria. In the case for one client, it triggers a program to handle 1000+ cards. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events