It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I add or change a tag to all cards of a list?

(Any automation trick I can use once?)

I would like to know how to change the tags on all cards of a list at once if its possible...

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Dex Amon 

You can create a butler rule.

Trigger to use : when a card with a name containing "#{?}" is added to list "{*}",

Associate to this trigger actions like 

• collect all cards in list "{wildcard2}" into linked items in checklist "Tasks"
  • It allows to link the triggercard with all cards in the existing selected list
  • for each card linked from an item in checklist "Tasks", and set the card's description to "{wildcard1}"
  • It allows to add the word after "#" to all cards in the list in the description field.

Then just create a  specific card, add appropriate tag #mytag in the name, and move this card in the list where are the cards to treat.  

https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

Thank you for your answer @Ludo 

So I guess I could give all cards a name that matches some sequence and then have trigger actions to them... But what if I already have tons of cards all named differently, I guess I could refer to all of them as: 

when a card with a name containing "{?}" is added to list "MyList"

right?

and if it says to list "{*}" it would trigger the action for all list? is there a command for a whole board too?

Sorry for my ignorance about trello but what would be the action to ad a tag and where would I find it?

It was very eye opening learning about wildcards :) Thanks!!

The use of {?} is not enough. The princip is to collect all cards in a list into one specific which is caracterized by #.

By using list {*},  you will impact all the lists.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,550 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you