How can I add or change a tag to all cards of a list?

Dex Amon February 28, 2020

(Any automation trick I can use once?)

I would like to know how to change the tags on all cards of a list at once if its possible...

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2020

Hi @Dex Amon 

You can create a butler rule.

Trigger to use : when a card with a name containing "#{?}" is added to list "{*}",

Associate to this trigger actions like 

• collect all cards in list "{wildcard2}" into linked items in checklist "Tasks"
  • It allows to link the triggercard with all cards in the existing selected list
  • for each card linked from an item in checklist "Tasks", and set the card's description to "{wildcard1}"
  • It allows to add the word after "#" to all cards in the list in the description field.

Then just create a  specific card, add appropriate tag #mytag in the name, and move this card in the list where are the cards to treat.  

https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

Dex Amon March 2, 2020

Thank you for your answer @Ludo 

So I guess I could give all cards a name that matches some sequence and then have trigger actions to them... But what if I already have tons of cards all named differently, I guess I could refer to all of them as: 

when a card with a name containing "{?}" is added to list "MyList"

right?

and if it says to list "{*}" it would trigger the action for all list? is there a command for a whole board too?

Sorry for my ignorance about trello but what would be the action to ad a tag and where would I find it?

It was very eye opening learning about wildcards :) Thanks!!

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2020

The use of {?} is not enough. The princip is to collect all cards in a list into one specific which is caracterized by #.

By using list {*},  you will impact all the lists.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events