Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are previous board members handled in new Premium accounts?

Christa Hutchins September 26, 2021

I have a Gold membership that will switch over to a Premium trial tomorrow.  The email I received says

• Current board members will still be able to access the boards they’re on and boards that are private to you will still be private.

Does that mean that current board members who may be on multiple boards in a Premium Workspace will be grandfathered in and still have access?  Or does it mean that they will keep access, but I'll have to pay for them as additional members?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2021

Hi Christa,

When personal boards are moved into a workspace, the guests on those boards will still be able to access the boards as long as they stay open. 

If you then upgrade that workspace to a subscription, you will be charged for all billable users on that workspace. Billable users are members of the workspace and multi-board guests (users that are on two or more boards in the workspace). Single-board guests are not considered billable users.

If you want more information pertaining to a specific workspace of your's, you can reach out to Trello Support at https://trello.com/contact

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events