Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Trello avoids boards invitations "spamming" ?

Clément August 27, 2021

Hi Trello users,

I plan to share my Trello user id with my community (150000 people) via sharing a public Trello board.

I see that it's quite easy to invite a Trello user on a guest board without his consent.

Technically, what does Trello do to avoid my account to be "spammed" ?
- If other trello users invite me to many other trello boards
- If other trello users create notifications with tasks / comments assigned to me in these boards

I think the behavior to invite easily people to a board is great, but i just need to know what are the safeguards for this feature.

Thanks a lot for your help,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2021

Hi Clément,

Thanks for reaching out!

Because Trello is at heart a social collaboration app, we took our cues from the major social networks like Twitter, where you can easily search people on the site, but cannot see anything more about them than what they choose to make public.

This means, at this point, it is possible for users to add a current Trello user to a board without that user confirming membership. When adding a member by name or username, suggestions will be made from the list of all users, but no member will be able to see your email.

If that's something you'd like to avoid, I'd recommend creating a separate account to create and share that public board.

Hope that helps!

All the best,

Lara

The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events