How I can synk or put together different cards.

Anneli Salminen December 4, 2020

I have a card that I want split for two subtask. And later put this information together again on the one card. Is it possible or not?

Thanks advance,

BR

Anneli

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

Hi @Anneli Salminen ,

Welcome to the community!

Splitting a card is not possible but you can link 2 different cards in 1 card!

Anneli Salminen December 6, 2020

Thank you, Soumyadeep

Could you please help me more, how i can link 2 different cards? 

Thanks advance!

Anneli

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

Have one card for the general heading, set two sub tasks on it ... each of these sub tasks are the other two cards.

Essentially, means you have 3 cards, once being the umbrella the other two are under.

Thank You, Stephen!

Dear Stephen

I'm sorry, but I would ask more tips from you. How I can add sub tasks to the umbrella task?

Thanks advance!

BR

Anneli

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2020

You basically set up a card for every sub task, then reference them (call them in) to the parent, and that card can become a child to another parent.

CARD 1 --> CARD 3 -- > CARD 4
CARD 2
CARD 5 --> CARD 7 -->4
CARD 6

Just think of all the cards as a family tree ... and break every task down regardless of how small, to a new card.

You can link them together with a checklist, so can check them off as they are done, and use the card link in the list to pop through to the applicable card to find out more about that.

Keeps it all segmented ... sounds more hassle, but is actuall less, as keeps all the messages etc compartmentalised so you dont have to sift through anything.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events