Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Lists

Jay Goouge June 28, 2019

Is there a way of hiding lists on large Trello boards. E.g. I use it for Kanban but in order to focus I would love to filter or hide some of the lists to only focus on what is in progress. 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2019

@Jay Goouge you could always just drag the most important lists over to the left, then reorganise them again when you're moving things around. Alternatively you could have a "focus" board where you move lists during a sprint and then move them back to the main board for a planning session.

Jay Goouge July 1, 2019

Thanks Iain. I ended up setting up a 'backlog' board and then used the 'butler' power up to create a rule that when I move a task to 'in progress' on the backlog board it moves to the main board. It works fine but I also use 'Hello Epic' power up to structure work and that doesn't carry over to the new board so not perfect. 

There was an add-on that used to let you chose what lists were visible which was great, it seems like the developer has stopped maintaining it though and now full of bugs. It would be great to see Trello enable this somehow in the filter system. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2019

@Jay Goouge if you want to maintain your subtask list in the new board then you could just link to cards from a checklist:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

It does basically the same thing as hello epics from an interface perspective anyway. The only thing that butler subtasking can't do is "bubble up" recursively because Butler won't react to changes made by Butler. If you wanted this sort of "Bubble up" command chaining effect where subtask changes on lower cards could recursively impact cards further up the chain you could use Trellinator to do the same thing:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Trellinator/ba-p/1020531

Jay Goouge July 2, 2019

This is great, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events