Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide completed Tasks

rico pengler December 1, 2018

Dear Trello-Dommunity

I'd like to get to a clearer view to all my tasks within a board. Is there a way to hide completed tasks without deleting them?

Thanks for your support in advance!

Best, Rico

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2018

@rico pengler Archiving cards is hiding them without deleting them, however you might find that using the filter does what you want. Hit the "f" key and you'll see your filter options, one of the options is to show only cards not marked as complete. This will hide any card that either doesn't have a due date or has an incomplete due date.

You could use labels to a similar effect, marking things as complete by adding a "Done" label.

You could also move your done cards to a Done list.

You could also archive them and then, if you wanted to see a list of done tasks, use the search bar to show, for example, all cards archived within the last week in the "your board name" board and in the "Some Client" list:

board:"your board name" is:archived edited:week list:"Some Client"

You can find out more about searching here:

https://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

rico pengler December 2, 2018

Dear Iain

Many thanks for your quick and very helpful answer. Your desribed ways solve my need entirely.

Best, Rico

Like # people like this
Zach Zimmerman November 9, 2021

Thanks for your help. Do completed or archived tasks ever expire (automatically delete) at some point or do they exist forever?

0 votes
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020

Just noticed this today!

2020-07-15_9-46-14.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events