Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed deleting a copied comment

Gerry Roston June 20, 2018

I facilitate a Lean Startup boot camp for college students and recent grads. For each team, we create a Trello board which they use for 'recording' their customer discovery discussions and for receiving feedback from their coaches and the facilitators.

What I have done is to create a template board which contains a small number of lists and cards. One of the cards on one of the lists is an example of how a completed card should look once they have entered their data. The card has information in the title, description, two check lists, and the comments.

When I copy the board, the comment on the example card is not copied - this is expected. What I do is copy the contents of the one comment and create a new comment on the example card of the copied board. But, here is the problem...

The students are told to copy the template card, but invariably, some copy the example card. Once they do this, however, the comment cannot be deleted - either by me (who has admin rights to their board and who originally created the comment) or by the person who copied the example card. As far as we can tell, that comment simply cannot be deleted by anyone!

Are we missing something? It seems odd that a comment cannot be deleted - please help. Thx.

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2018

The comments are saved in the Activity log of the copied card and can't be edited/deleted anymore on the copy.

You could make a copy of the already copied card without comments by unchecking the comment box in the copy dialog.  That is a (relatively) simple solution to your problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events