Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for expired invitation link!

Linda Beck July 5, 2022

We use a "share" link as part of a training program. Once users complete the program, they are given access to sign up for Trello via a link. However, it expires and we need to continue to manually send the link. 

Several other posters have asked this question and been told it "should" work...and, yet, it doesn't. Are there any workarounds? What can I do to ensure there's a live link?

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

@Linda Beck welcoem to the community! you should be able to create a new link from the board! Just go to "share" in the top bar, and then you should see a "copy link" section with an invite link for the board. 

Linda Beck July 5, 2022

Thanks! Is there a way I don't have to keep manually updating the link? I do that now--copy and send a new link when requested, but I'd like to be able to eliminate that step. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

@Linda Beck it should be the same link forever! I don't believe it expires... maybe it does after a long period of time? But i will often just bookmark a link to join a board and then share that link indefinitely!

Linda Beck July 5, 2022

Unfortunately, the one we've been using has expired. :(  Even if I replace the link, it will eventually stop working. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2022

@Linda Beck weird. how long ago did you make it? I had no idea they expired! I assume it's for safety, but would be nice if there's a way you can set it like a slack join link (i think you can set if it expires in a month, year, or never with slack, but i don't think Trello has any options for that).

Linda Beck July 5, 2022

It's been a while but it happens pretty quickly after each time I create it. 

Thanks for trying to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events