Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to add the file type to every attachment that I download.

Monika Hill June 3, 2022

As of last week, I have to add the file type (i.e. .docx or .pdf) to every attachment that i download from Trello.  Is anyone else experiencing this or is it part of a recent update?  It also shows up in a Trello box versus the typical download menu in my browser.  very frustrating!  Thanks in advance for any help :)

2 answers

0 votes
Monika Hill June 7, 2022

screenshot.jpg

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

@Monika Hill This is not happening to me.  What browser are you using?  Have you tried a different browser?  Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

Monika Hill June 6, 2022

Thanks - I cleared my cache and use Microsoft Edge.  I can't try a different browser since it isn't downloading through Edge any longer - it's opening a box in Trello and then opening the save as box/prompt.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

@Monika Hill Clearing your cache did not work?  Do you have any browser plugins running?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2022

Can you share some screenshots?

Monika Hill June 6, 2022

It did not. :( no plug ins either. I can send a screen shot tomorrow morning. Thank you so much!!

Monika Hill June 7, 2022

oops i didn't post as reply.  here you go.screenshot.jpg

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2022

@Monika Hill I have tried on multiple computers to try and recreate the issue.  It would be great if you could try on a different browser or computer.  I am still thinking it has something to do with the browser.

Monika Hill June 9, 2022

Thank you for trying! I’ve tried it on my other computer under my account and on my husband’s computer under his account and we are having the same issues. However no one else in our organization is. This is so unusual. Thanks again for trying. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2022

@Monika Hill You can always submit a support issue and see if it something to do with your account.  https://trello.com/en-US/contact#/

Monika Hill June 9, 2022

Thank you. I think I will since I can’t figure it out. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022

@Monika Hill were you able to resolve this issue?  If so what did you do to correct it?

Monika Hill July 13, 2022

Brant, thanks for following up. Unfortunately no, I have not resolved the issue. I opened a ticket with Trello and they concluded that it is a bug they have to fix with their windows app. They have not yet fixed it though so I am still using my workaround of adding the .DOCX to every file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events