Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Have to add the file type to every attachment that I download.

As of last week, I have to add the file type (i.e. .docx or .pdf) to every attachment that i download from Trello.  Is anyone else experiencing this or is it part of a recent update?  It also shows up in a Trello box versus the typical download menu in my browser.  very frustrating!  Thanks in advance for any help :)

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 03, 2022

@Monika Hill This is not happening to me.  What browser are you using?  Have you tried a different browser?  Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

Thanks - I cleared my cache and use Microsoft Edge.  I can't try a different browser since it isn't downloading through Edge any longer - it's opening a box in Trello and then opening the save as box/prompt.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 06, 2022

@Monika Hill Clearing your cache did not work?  Do you have any browser plugins running?

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 06, 2022

Can you share some screenshots?

It did not. :( no plug ins either. I can send a screen shot tomorrow morning. Thank you so much!!

oops i didn't post as reply.  here you go.screenshot.jpg

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 09, 2022

@Monika Hill I have tried on multiple computers to try and recreate the issue.  It would be great if you could try on a different browser or computer.  I am still thinking it has something to do with the browser.

Thank you for trying! I’ve tried it on my other computer under my account and on my husband’s computer under his account and we are having the same issues. However no one else in our organization is. This is so unusual. Thanks again for trying. 

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 09, 2022

@Monika Hill You can always submit a support issue and see if it something to do with your account.  https://trello.com/en-US/contact#/

Thank you. I think I will since I can’t figure it out. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,335 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you