Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has something changed with Butler email automation?

Jane Felton June 23, 2020

I have a number of Trello boards running the following Butler commands every month:

every month on the 1st, create card "Monthly Report – Tasks Due – {date}" in list "Monthly Reports" and collect all cards in list "Due This Month" into links in checklist "Tasks due this Month" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", and send email to "example@example.com" with subject "Monthly Report for {date} for {boardname}" and message "{cardcheckliststate}"

I have had these running for a long time without any issues but just noticed something different on the emails which I received on the 1st June. Now the subject line of the emails just says

Monthly Report for June 1, 2020 for”  and the name of the board is no longer showing up at the end. Has something changed in how Butler works or emails subject lines? They all worked fine on May 1st so this change just occurred on June 1st. Has something changed?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oscar Triscon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2020

Hi Jane,

Can you please contact Trello support (https://trello.com/en-US/contact) so that we can have a closer look?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2020

@Jane Felton sounds like a bug to me. I'm not aware of any changes, I'd recommend going back to trello.com/contact and clicking through the various steps to get to their actual support form rather than asking here in the community

Jane Felton June 23, 2020

Thanks Iain, yes I also did that but thought I would post here too in case anyone else had similar and I wasn't sure how long they take to reply. Hoping to rectify it before the next batch of emails are sent on 1st July. My thoughts are either the {boardname} isn't picking up or the email subject line character length has been cut, although that seems less likely. Might try some test commands with just the board name without additional text for example and confirm that is the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events