It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Has Trello done an upgrade which broke it's ical syncing?

I used the subscription url for icalendar feed on my ical so that cards with due dates would show up as events on my ical. It worked fine for a long time, but now all of the sudden it doesn't sync, it just adds the card with the due date over and over again. So instead of one event per card, I end up with 160 (and counting) events all occuring at the same time on my ical.
I didn't change any settings on my end. Any ideas on why this has gone haywire or how to fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
Teddy Atlassian Team Jun 04, 2019

If you don't mind, can you please reach out to our support team directly at https://trello.com/contact ?

We'd be glad to help troubleshoot this with you!

Hi Chris,

Actually I seem to have fixed the issue. But just to let you know what was happening and what I did in case anyone else has the issue:

I linked my ical to a few trello boards. Cards w due dates show up as events on my calendar. The system worked fine for a long time, but recently it looked like, rather than sync'ing, it would just add a copy of the trello card as a new event on the ical. So I would have 160 events, taking place at the same time, for each card.

Eventually I deleted the calendars in ical that were trello linked and rebuilt them by re-subscribing to the trello subscription link to the boards. Then the problem went away.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,520 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you