HOW TO CHANGE CARD BACKGROUND COLOR?

Fabio Trastamara May 5, 2017

How do I change the color of card background?

6 answers

11 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2017

Hi Fabio,

Right now, you can only change the background for the entire board, and you can't set background colors for individual cards.

However, there's a Chrome extension that you might want to look into, that does allow for that: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/card-colors-for-trello/nodlpencjjlohojddhflnahnfpfanbjm?hl=en

Fabio Trastamara May 8, 2017

Michael thank you very much. If I can pick your brain or experience, how can I show the label text on the card and not only the color?

Like Jim Schwilk likes this
Kaylin Murray June 2, 2017

Hey Fabio, 

There doesn't look to be a way to turn on looking at the text of the labels to display, you can turn on color blind mode on your account if you don't want to just use the colors. This article has some helpful tips for how to best use labels. 

You can also filter cards if you would like to only see certain cards at a time. 

You might want to email feature-ideas@trello.com to ask about possibly turning on the ability in the future to change the color of the card or to display the text of a label! 

Hopefully that helps!

Like hamid sanjari likes this
Sofia Ferreira August 10, 2019

That would be great if possible 

Like JCShaun likes this
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2019

@Sofia Ferreira @Fabio Trastamara 

There is a Chrome extension that lets you change the background color of cards as well as lists: Trello Card Optimizer

Like # people like this
Hubert Kut
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2019

@Katrin Anger tried that and works! Thanks for sharing.

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Is there a feature request for this?

Like # people like this
Stryker Automation April 15, 2020

Hi the extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/card-colors-for-trello/nodlpencjjlohojddhflnahnfpfanbjm?hl=en was working fine until last week 

would an update to trello have caused this problem?

Colors work for a while but when cards are opened and closed they lose the color

Heidi Reilly May 1, 2020

Turn on the text for the labels simply by clicking on one of them

Javierabellan May 5, 2020

The same thing happens to me as to Dennis, it has always worked well but now the colors are being removed, do you know if there is already a solution? Thank you

3 votes
Michael Wolfe
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

You can add text to your labels by selecting Show Menu > More > Labels > Create a new label.  Now you just need to select the label cover and input some text.  When you add a label to a card the label text can be displayed by clicking on the label when viewing the card on your board.

Labels.png

2 votes
Deleted user September 28, 2018

To see the label text, just click on 1 of the labels.  There's a toggle that turns them on or off for the entire board when you click on a label color bar.

Michael Rom September 5, 2019

Very helpful! Thank you

2 votes
Steve Lewis October 19, 2017

Hey Fabio, there is a Chrome extension that allows you to see the label text on a Trello card. its called Trelabels for Trello. I have just started using it but so far its been great.

Steve

Michelle September 11, 2019

Awesome thanks for the tip

0 votes
Daymt March 17, 2021

How do I get trello to change card colors if I use firefox browser?

0 votes
Sano February 6, 2020

How to change card color in the color that i want (not to color based on label color ) ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events