Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP / Inquiry about handling Illustration books

Daryl Louise Kudemus June 29, 2022

We are about to handle a large series of illustrated educational books. For now, we are managing 2 books. What we did was we made 2 separate boards for each title. I stick with the default "To Do", "Doing", and "Done" lists and added cards. I used the cards to indicate each spreads of the book.

I want to know what are more efficient ways to handle different tasks for each cards (spread), since there might be new revisions or additional info to be updated for the card(spread). I did use the checklist feature to list the task for each card(spread). 

Any helpful suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Daryl Louise Kudemus ! Welcome to the community :) The in-built way to handle "subtasks" in Trello is through checklists as you mentioned. So if the board represents the book, the cards are the titles, the checklists would be the tasks that need to be done for each spread (e.g. write content, design illustrations, review content, etc.). You may want to use a checklist template if those steps look the same for each spread so you don't have to create the checklist from scratch each time.

The idea would be to create a separate card called "Spread Template" or something along those lines. In this card, it can contain the templated checklist and any other info that needs to be on each card. You can either turn it into a card template, or use butler automation to auto-add the checklist from that card to newly created cards.

You mention you've already tried using checklists - are you running into challenges with using that method?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events