Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! INCLUDED CARD'S EMAIL ADDRESS IN CC TO CLIENTS- HOW CAN I DETACH???

Dawn Bernstein August 5, 2022

so the idea was, if a client sent new info or design art in an email, it would auto appear in activities. This was supposed to give entire team more visibility and ensure nothing was missed. and - it DOES do this - HOWEVER - the entire email thread is sent each time - this is too much for any member of the team to read thru - too time consuming

The team is super mad - yesterday was the worst. One client sent 50 images and 2 emails - so two whole threads, 100 images that had to be deleted manually later- they are begging me to "unlink the emails" - ive tried letting them know the only way is to just begin a new email with each client that does NOT include card email in CC - 

i also tried changing the board's email in case by some miracle that changes each card's email as well - though i doubt it 

if anyone anywhere knows a way i can change individual card's emails that would be awesome!!

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2022

@Dawn Bernstein 

If you can create a new card email, I suggest you make a copy of the card and delete the old card. 
Giving out there card email is as good as giving write access via email. Trello has a cautionary note on this.

If you want to enhance your email to board/card experience you will need to setup your own solution to routing emails to endpoint/handler that can apply your own rules. A simple requirement would be to how the sender email. 

Dawn Bernstein August 8, 2022

Hi thank you for responding- I did read the warning, but it only warned whoever had the email address, would be able to email directly to that card... and THAT  is exactly what I wanted- the customer's email responses to auto imprint on the card- this way other departments would have instant access to clients needs.

This was my intended blanket solution when I found most client complaints originated by the  recipients failing to communicate to other departments OR departments failing to capture instructions and attachments from long email threads.

This seemed like an excellent way to ensure that IF anyone forgot to forward to necessary dept.s, the email to card would ensure client's verbiage and art was made visible anyway. Like a safety net. 

There was no warning the ENTIRE email thread would come thru- otherwise I would have just forwarded each specific email to the cards myself OR continued to copy and paste into Trello as I found these issues myself OR included the address in a brand new composed email

For now I will do as you suggested and copy cards - delete old

I'm leary to try any form of automation as this situation caused a lot of issues and took me completely off the project... I didn't lose my job, but this was a hugely embarrassing failure. I did learn however how important it is to conduct testing within my personal workflow space before recommending company wide change - beta testing so to speak....boy do I wish I had done that... I do love the idea of automation and will conduct testing on my own- at least for myself it could prove very useful

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events