Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google form to Trello via Zapier. I need help with the 'Due Date' format in Trello

Patrice O'Hagan November 8, 2019

I have created a google form asking various questions and set a due date on UK Date formatting: DD/MM/YY

Via Zapier, my Google form responses create a card on Trello.  All dates noted on the form are coming across correctly: DD/MM/YY, except the 'Due Date' one.  It keeps formatting it to MM/DD/YY.

The due date is vital for success of the projects - can you please advise where I am going wrong?

Please note, I have UK Time Zones selected for all: Google Form, Zapier & Trello already. 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

@Patrice O'Hagan How are the fields being written to the Trello card? Are they being stored as custom fields or just written as text into the description of the card (or something else)?

Are your Google Form responses being written to a Google Sheet which is then triggering the Zap? If so, how does the date look in the Google Sheet?

thank you for coming back to me.  That is correct, the 'due date' field in the Trello card is being populated by a date selected on the Google Form which populates a Google sheet e.g. 10/11/2019 and then via Zap going onto Trello cards. Zapier is also set up as Language: English (UK) not US.

With reference to how the fields are being written to the Trello card - just however the Google Form prompts e.g. date, short answer etc. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

@Patrice O'Hagan okay when you say "due date field" in Trello do you mean:

- The card's due date is being set

- A date type custom field is having a value set or;

- A text type custom field is having it's value set

Like Patrice O'Hagan likes this
Patrice O'Hagan November 12, 2019

@Iain Dooley 

I mean the cards due date is being set.  

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2019

@Patrice O'Hagan Okay so in your original post you said:

Via Zapier, my Google form responses create a card on Trello.  All dates noted on the form are coming across correctly: DD/MM/YY, except the 'Due Date' one.  It keeps formatting it to MM/DD/YY.

The due date on the card doesn't have a "format" as such -- like, it doesn't display as "MM/DD/YY" it displays like "11 Nov" and if the due date is in a different year it will display like "11 Nov 2020".

So are you saying that when the due date is set on the card to the value submitted in the form, the value set on the due date would be correct if the form input were interpreted as MM/DD/YY instead of DD/MM/YY?

What I mean is that if in the Google Form you enter the date as:

10/12/19

the due date on the card will be set to 12 Oct instead of 10 Dec?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events