Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Drive power-up is not worling properly on the desktop app

Jonas Napier December 19, 2019

I use the desktop app and the google drive power-up.

I have changed my google login and now I get the following error:

When I try to attach a document to a card, a browser window opens with the file picker (before this promt opened in side the app). I choose a file and then the window closes and nothing more happens.

When I use a browser for trello it work fine.

I have tried loggin in and out and disconneting google drive.

Any suggestions!

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2019

Hi @Jonas Napier 

I remember having this problem when I started using the app as well, I don't think I ever worked out what was going on.

I will say that I don't use the desktop app anymore, ever. I don't even think I have it installed on any of my machines, I do it all through Chrome. Because Trello doesn't have an offline mode, there's really no point for me to have the app, also, because I have a large number of Chrome extensions for Trello, that don't work with the app, for me personally, it was pointless to have the app.

Could I ask why you use the desktop app? I'd be genuinely interested to see why you use the desktop app and not through your browser.

Esme :)

Jonas Napier December 20, 2019

All right - makes sense.

I use the app because I like to have the icon in the process line/bar. That makes it easier to locate and it limits the number of tabs that I have open in the browser - and easier to switch back and forth.

I just created a short cut for trello, that opens in a new window - so that is very similar to using the app.

Thanks

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2019

Awesome! I’m glad you sorted it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events