Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitch - comment copied is multiplying

Lynne March 10, 2022

I have a simple rule you all helped me to create that would copy a comment from a card, to other linked cards.

Rule:

when a comment is posted to a card, for each card linked in the attachments, post comment "{commenttext}"

Problem is, when it executes, it copies the comment multiple times to the linked card. Comment copied but duplicated multiple times.png

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

Hi @Lynne ! Based on your other post, I did mention that depending on how you set things up, it can cause looping behavior and to differentiate the "trigger" card from the "action" card so butler doesn't get stuck in an infinite loop. 

Is there an easy way for you to separate out what card is the trigger card, and what card should be receiving the comment? E.g. "when a comment is posted in a card in list X"

Lynne March 10, 2022

Excellent! Ok, thanks so much for the clarification :-)

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

Np :) Hope you can get that working smoothly! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events