Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gifs are not playing (animating) on Android

Mikey_Kuplevatsky September 24, 2017

Using Trello from Chrome on my laptop, gifs animate (or 'play') just fine. On Android, however, gifs on Trello display as still images. Why is it that Trello can't play a gif on the Android app?

From what I remember, this is a beta feature. Is that correct? I'm really hoping that this will be standard functionality.

These are two completely different platforms, but I'm even able to play MP4 files on Dropbox Paper right from within a note. Now, like I said, I realize that Paper and Trello are two different platforms, but at least animated gifs would be great if it worked on the Android app.

Any feedback/tips/response is greatly appreciated! I love Trello, so I'm always hoping for improvements and to get some information.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dan Lew
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Hey there - I work on the Trello Android team.

We rely on tools other people made to load and display images. Unfortunately, the one that we chose does not support animated GIFs. We plan to someday switch to a different tool that does support animated GIFs, but there's no timeline on when that'll happen.

Mikey_Kuplevatsky September 25, 2017

I see, thanks for the info!

0 votes
Marzog kaleed November 28, 2017

Hi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events