Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing a board

Sven Göpfrich September 6, 2021

Hi there,

I am using Butler and a Habit power-up to automatically generate daily tasks. If I would go on a two week vacation and would not want to look at my board in this time, is there a way to freeze the Kanban board so I don't have to manually delete all the tasks after vacation?

Thanks!

Sven

2 answers

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2021

A lazy/riskier solution might also be to just Close the board for the duration, and re-Open the board when you get back from vacation.

I've never tested this, but I'd assume neither Butler nor any third party services will do anything to the board while its closed.

Its a much simpler solution, so you don't have to go around individually disabling/enabling rules/services. But also be careful not to permanently delete the board by accident!

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2021

Hi Sven,

Thanks for reaching out!

Since the Habit Tracker Power-Up is a third-party service, you'll need to see if that can be configured in the Power-Up.

As for your Butler commands, you could add them to a Command Library, then right before you go on vacation, manually disable all of the commands in the library.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events