Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free trial of premium has ended...where is the standard?

Janie Jones June 21, 2022

I only see an option to upgrade?  how do I go back to the standard version?

3 answers

1 vote
Anna Saraceno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2022

Hi @Janie Jones - Once your Premium free trial ends, any upgrade prompts within Trello should lead you to the "Upgrade Workspace" tab, where you can upgrade to either Standard or Premium. Alternatively, you can go straight to https://trello.com/workspacename/billing (replacing "workspacename" with the actual name of your Workspace) to access the page directly. 

Here is a screenshot from a Workspace of mine that had a Premium free trial that expired. I got to this page by clicking on an upgrade prompt, then clicking "Upgrade" in the resulting modal. I'm happy to help if you have any further questions. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 5.01.45 PM.png

Janie Jones June 21, 2022

Yes, I see that page but where do I select to stay with the standard option so I can see the cards. At the moment I am not able to view that cards that I created.

Anna Saraceno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2022

Hi @Janie Jones - I may need a bit more info to understand how to best help. Your answers to the following two questions can help a bit:

• When you say "the standard option", do you mean our paid plan called "Standard" (the one that is shown as $60 per user per year in the screenshot above), or do you mean "standard" as just regular/free Trello? 

• When you say you're unable to view the cards you created, do you mean there are specific cards within boards that have disappeared, or there are full boards you've created that you no longer see? (You can see some visuals here if it's a helpful distinction between cards and boards)

If it's the latter, this would likely be because free Workspaces are limited to 10 boards per Workspace, so if you create over 10 boards during a Premium free trial and the trial expires, your 10 most active Workspace boards remain open and the rest will be closed (but not deleted). 

Long story short, if the issue is that you created more than 10 boards in your Workspace during your Premium trial and you now have only 10 boards because your Workspace has downgraded to a free plan, your options are:

• Upgrade to a paid plan (Standard or Premium) and re-open the boards that closed on downgrade
  • Create a new Workspace (click the plus button in the top navigation and click "Create Workspace") and re-open the closed boards in that new Workspace

If this doesn't quite solve the problem, it sounds like you may need a bit more personalized help from support so they could take a look at your specific account and Workspace and help from there. If that's something you'd like to do, you can contact them using the form at the bottom of this page: https://trello.com/en/contact#/

I hope this was helpful! Hopefully we can get you back up and running soon. 

Janie Jones June 22, 2022

Here is a 1 minute video of what I'm seeing:  https://www.loom.com/share/a94ba4a510104bdc9a857a2d7ee8b0e9

Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
June 23, 2022

Janie, after the Premium trial ends, you automatically move to the free version. You don't have to do anything. The reason your cards are not appearing on that board is because you have set up a filter (see top right). Once you remove that filter all your cards will reappear. Card filter.png

0 votes
M athallah aqil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 10, 2023

mau tanya jika trello sudah habis trial premiumnya, apakah trello yang berubah jadi free ada batas waktunya juga?

0 votes
Janie Jones June 24, 2022

oh wow!  I don't know how the filter was set.  Thank you so much for your help!  You are great.

p.s.  One more question.  Is there a way I can get a list url?  For example, one of my list is called "done for you posts" and I have cards under that list.  Is there a way I can get a url for that list and give it to people?  

Anna Saraceno
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2022

@Janie Jones we don't offer a share link specifically for lists, only for boards or cards. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events