Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free card mirroring?

alanwthompson January 2, 2020

Hi, thanks in advance for your help here.

I've just started Trello and want to use just one power up to enable mirroring of cards. I was led to believe that "Boards belonging to free users can turn on one Power-Up at a time" as stated on the Trello website meant I could choose any Power-Up for free as long as I only used that one Power Up. 

So I decided to use Placker which has a neat mirroring capability. Now however it appears that this Power-Up is not free and Trello is being a bit misleading by stating "Boards belonging to free users can turn on one Power-Up at a time"

Which leads me to my question. How can a free user mirror cards? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan Anderson January 2, 2020

Hey Alan,

It looks like Placker is actually a paid subscription model, therefore you can subscribe to it via Placker (outside of Trello) - although based on what I read they should have a free trial version for you to test out the product.

I found an article in the Help which looks like it has a couple of nice free options using Zapier or Butler: https://help.trello.com/article/1097-mirroring-cards

Hope that this helps!

alanwthompson January 3, 2020

Thanks a lot... will investigate these options

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2020

Hi @alanwthompson 

There's a lot you can do with Butler (I'm a bit of a self-diagnosed Butler-nerd), can I ask what exactly you want to be mirroring? I only ask because I use Butler in place of Placker because even though I have Trello Business Class, I don't really want to be paying more for a PowerUp.

I use Butler exclusively to copy and move and add attachments to the original and things like that. If you could say a bit more about what you wanted to mirror, then the community/me might be able to help more.

I hope I can help soon!

Esme :)

Arjun Prasad May 19, 2020

Hi @Esme Crutchley 

Thank you for the info ! is it possible to mirror cards including the descriptions using butler?

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2020

Hi @Arjun Prasad 

Welcome to the Community!

It is possible to do this with Butler, but it can be a bit clunky.

What you would need to do is something like this:

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 11.06.19.pngScreenshot 2020-05-19 at 11.07.35.pngScreenshot 2020-05-19 at 11.15.18.pngScreenshot 2020-05-19 at 11.15.25.png

If you want to replace the description - you could take out the {carddescription}, but if you wanted to amend the original - as in, keep the original and add to the end of it - this is what you'd need to do!

Hope that's helpful!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events