Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Employee

hilary kellams January 19, 2018

I am trying to get rid of a former employee.

She was an admin on a lot of boards.

Trello suggested copying the boards to a new team and deleting the old boards by first "closing" them. However, under "more" on the board it only allows me to "leave" board not "close."

I've changed my password, but am not sure if she can still get in.

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Hey Hilary

You can copy the board to a new team, and then delete all of the lists from the original boards.  What I recommend, however, would be rather than copy the board to a new team is:

• Create a new board (for each board)
  • Move each of the lists from the old board to the new board
  • This will essentially leave the old board blank, but you won't be able to remove the admin from that board or close that board, because you're not an admin of it.  But if the user logs on to that board, it will be blank, therefore the user won't be able to do/see anything on that original board, and because they're not a member of the new board, they won't have access to that either.

Be sure to remove the former employee from the team, if they're on a team associated with the board, as well.

Happy to help if you have additional questions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events