• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Force new sign in on Mac app

Alice I'm New Here Aug 14, 2020

I logged into my Trello app with Google after an upgrade and created a new account by mistake. I have already got an account but have changed my browser so my login details were not available and I wasn't sure how I had logged in before. I have now deleted the Google account, but my iMac app will not give me a sign in screen. I want to be able to sign out & back in again with my real account so I can see my data. How do I do that? I have already deleted the app from my Mac and re-downloaded it but that didn't work! Help please?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Aug 16, 2020

@Alice what I've been able to determine is that Trello will permanently have the address stored that you originally used when you first signed up and/or connected Google to Trello.

However you can always get back to your correct account:

1) From the web you can always login by going to https://id.atlassian.com and logging in with Google, then you'll get to your correct account and can click on the Trello icon to go to the correct account in Trello

2) When you login from the mobile app, type your username instead of your email and login with Google, this will cause the app to login using id.atlassian.com instead of trello and there you can use your Google account to get into the correct Trello account.

3) The desktop app doesn't appear to have the same problem, it correctly hands off to id.atlassian.com even if you login with Google, but you may need to logout of your existing account first in the app:

2020-08-16 at 9.47 pm.png

and you may then also need to choose "sign in with another account" on the Google sign-in page, because it will have remembered your old, incorrect Google email address.

Alice I'm New Here Aug 16, 2020

Thank you very much. I didn't entirely follow that but I managed to do the right thing! So I'm now on the right account and I can see my boards and everything. Much obliged.

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Hi @Alice ,

Welcome to the community!

You can ask trello support HERE

Trello team can help you better in this case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

774 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you