It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Floating list on the board

Hi,

is there a way of making your lists "float"?

locating them anywhere on the board, in the desktop app, and not just on the top of the screen, one next to another.

Thanks,

Yoni

2 answers

0 votes
Garrett Atlassian Team Dec 31, 2019

Hey Yonig,

There isn't a way to do that currently, but I'll be happy to pass your interest in that over to our team for consideration!

Thanks! it will be very effective, and allow much more flexible use of the software. 

Like Ton Bode likes this
0 votes
matt_nohn I'm New Here Sep 03, 2020

Thank you, Garrett.

I second that request by yonig. Floating lists would allow much more flexible and efficient use of screen space. It doesn't make sense to keep all the space below short lists empty.

In addition, and related to the above, it would allow to group related lists, which enhances the management. That could be supported through some additional features, such as a background color for lists.

Finally, I understand that the not-yet-floating lists serve the purpose of a clean appearance, but believe that this can be addressed through an option that keeps (even floating) lists within some kind of grid structure - e.g. similar to the option of a mac desktop.

Cheers!

matt_nohn I'm New Here Sep 03, 2020

PS: grouping may also be enhanced through some 'boards within boards' feature. That would go in the direction of some Miro functions... Thus when on the 'motherboard' one sees the project with the list names (similar to cards on lists), but not the actual list. then you can zoom in, by clicking a project. cheers again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,598 views 14 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you