Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating list on the board

yonig December 29, 2019

Hi,

is there a way of making your lists "float"?

locating them anywhere on the board, in the desktop app, and not just on the top of the screen, one next to another.

Thanks,

Yoni

3 answers

1 vote
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2019

Hey Yonig,

There isn't a way to do that currently, but I'll be happy to pass your interest in that over to our team for consideration!

yonig December 31, 2019

Thanks! it will be very effective, and allow much more flexible use of the software. 

Like Ton Bode likes this
0 votes
as asw May 8, 2021

Well Actually it did startup once. I close JIRA down to put in the JEMH plugin and beginning it up once more takes me returned to the equal original hassle. I checked permissions on the .Osgi-plugins folder, it appears good  as you can see here the exact page.

0 votes
matt.nohn September 3, 2020

Thank you, Garrett.

I second that request by yonig. Floating lists would allow much more flexible and efficient use of screen space. It doesn't make sense to keep all the space below short lists empty.

In addition, and related to the above, it would allow to group related lists, which enhances the management. That could be supported through some additional features, such as a background color for lists.

Finally, I understand that the not-yet-floating lists serve the purpose of a clean appearance, but believe that this can be addressed through an option that keeps (even floating) lists within some kind of grid structure - e.g. similar to the option of a mac desktop.

Cheers!

matt.nohn September 3, 2020

PS: grouping may also be enhanced through some 'boards within boards' feature. That would go in the direction of some Miro functions... Thus when on the 'motherboard' one sees the project with the list names (similar to cards on lists), but not the actual list. then you can zoom in, by clicking a project. cheers again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events