Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Verdict on Previewing PDFs in Cards

Justin Roberts August 4, 2022

Hi,

I'm new to Trello and trying to get some clarification on whether attached PDFs are able to be previewed within cards (without directly clicking on them, i.e., just an image preview of the first page of the PDF).

I run a lab and a typical part of manuscript preparation workflow is citing / viewing research articles which are often in PDF format. Every attempt at attaching a PDF to a card just results in it showing its attached with the paperclip icon. Even after clicking on the card the attachments just sometimes show 'pdf' for the image preview. The filenames of the papers are often not informative so it would be really helpful if they showed up as proper previews.

Is this supposed to work or not? I've tried in the standalone apps (multiple OSs) as well as multiple web browsers with the same outcome.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Justin Roberts - I can see you raised a ticket about this with Trello Support too. @Lauren has replied to your ticket and is waiting on your response. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events