It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Filter notifications by user on Slack Edited

Hello,

My team has recently started using the Slack Power-Up for Trello, and one of my teammates asked if they could receive their Trello notifications in Slack.
So basically, get a Slack message for any action that involves cards they're assigned to. From what I can see, the only filters available are action/event related.

The questions raised are:
Does the Slack Power-Up allow to filter notifications by user ?
If not, is there another way to achieve this result ?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley Community Leader Apr 17, 2019

@Maxime Picot I developed an integration for Trello called Benko Board:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

Currently it doesn't forward notifications to slack, but that's something I've always wanted the impetus to implement. It already does some stuff around creating notifications as cards in a central board, and also reduces the total volume of notifications by unsubscribing you from any card you're added to.

It's not a gigantic leap to implement the ability for this to forward notifications to the Slack API for a given user -- it would probably show up as a Direct Message for that user in Slack.

From what I've seen there aren't any other ways to achieve this result other than working with the Trello API in this way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,616 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you