Filter notifications by user on Slack

Maxime Picot April 16, 2019

Hello,

My team has recently started using the Slack Power-Up for Trello, and one of my teammates asked if they could receive their Trello notifications in Slack.
So basically, get a Slack message for any action that involves cards they're assigned to. From what I can see, the only filters available are action/event related.

The questions raised are:
Does the Slack Power-Up allow to filter notifications by user ?
If not, is there another way to achieve this result ?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

@Maxime Picot I developed an integration for Trello called Benko Board:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

Currently it doesn't forward notifications to slack, but that's something I've always wanted the impetus to implement. It already does some stuff around creating notifications as cards in a central board, and also reduces the total volume of notifications by unsubscribing you from any card you're added to.

It's not a gigantic leap to implement the ability for this to forward notifications to the Slack API for a given user -- it would probably show up as a Direct Message for that user in Slack.

From what I've seen there aren't any other ways to achieve this result other than working with the Trello API in this way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events