Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature / Add-in for weekly journal or structured interim report available?

marco langner May 4, 2020

Hi, I am desperately looking for a Trello tool which enables our team to have a short weekly report about the progress of each Trello card. The cards are key results to achieve in 12 weeks. In order to reflect upon success and failure drivers we have 4 questions to answer in catchwords every single week (this is mandatory). These "fields" have to be visible for at least 4 weeks (better 6 weeks). It is kind of like an ongoing journal. Do you have a recommendation? Thank you in advance, Marco

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

@marco langner is there a reason you can't use the card description or comments for this?

marco langner May 6, 2020

Sorry for my late reply, Iain. We already tried to use the card description and the comments for that purpose. Built three prototypes and worked with them for a couple of weeks. Co-Workers simply did not use it, instead waited for the OKR-champion the fill the fields. I gathered some feedback the last two days: All 9 collegues didn't like the user experience. They found it hard to read, they were frustrated when filling in content the first times they tried, and I think their indidiual feedbacks showed that they need a visual structure (i.e. sections and a clear hierachy of topics). They expected 4 "feeds" (like Facebook) with a headline (Barriers, Learnings etc.) to scroll down.

So, description / comments are technically OK, but these options do not generate loyal fans ;-)

Are there any other ideas?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

@marco langner in that case, why don't you use separate cards for each report? If you need them to be grouped to a "Master" task, link them as sub-tasks from a checklist like this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

then each card sits in its week by week list and everyone updates the cards as the weeks progress.

If you wanted to, you could also label the cards with the name of the master to make it easy to filter/see all the sub-tasks for a given master, then every 12 weeks, update to a different board, with a "board of boards" to give you a historical record of each 12 week sprint.

Like marco langner likes this
marco langner May 6, 2020

Thank you, I will try your suggestion and give you feedback (latest Monday)

marco langner May 12, 2020

Hi Iaian,

We tried several options with our colleagues including the power up "custom fields", the description, and the comments, and it showed that we have a preferred solution:

We create the 4 sections we need via "checklist" and fill each checklist with max. 6 elements - one element per week as a brief status in catchwords. After 6 weeks the first entry is closed by simply activating the checkbox. 

Everybody understands that and we have a high degree of compliance.

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events