Exporting Trello checklist content

Gemma Phelan April 26, 2017

Hi. I wondered if anyone knows a way to export the card checklist(s) content when you do a Trello export? 

Currently when you break out the export it has a column 'checklist' that says how many items in the checklist. Even if you have multiple checklists it groups all checks together in one number. Then it has another column with the amount of checks that have been completed from that total.

We need to run reports on which cards/tasks have completed which steps in the process (signified by checklists) and to be able to run a report and group the data.

For example: 45 out of 100 of the cards we have recieved content.  21 out of 100 we have recieved data. 10 out of 100 have sent both content and data.

We have explored making the checks seperate lists in the process but the process has other dimensions signified by moving across, so this isn't possible. 

I can't find a plugin either :(

Does anyone know a solution to this problem? 

3 answers

2 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2017

Hey Gemma,

The Trello csv export does not contain the actual checklists. You may want to check out the follwoing Chrome extension that might help: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trelloexport/kmmnaeamjfdnbhljpedgfchjbkbomahp

Adam Pressman February 26, 2019

Chrome extension doesn't do anything but take you to the author's page. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

@Gemma Phelan 

I have once tried an email notification of open checklists on a card. It would send off an email at a given time to a pre-determined sender, and include all the checklist items currently open. - Is this something you could consider?

0 votes
vivazzi September 6, 2017

You can use my service by export data from Trello: http://vivazzi.ru/en/services/export-trello/

This service can display cards as plain text.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events