Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to CSV without a business account, just once.

Pete G October 12, 2019

Hi there.

I really like Trello but only use it for a hobby of mine. 
Now I'd like to export it to excel, but would not pay over $100 to do so. It doesn't seem right, especially if I need to do it just to have a backup.

Anything I can do about it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pete G October 15, 2019

I ended up using Bridge24, which is amazing and has a fully functional trial period. 
That solved my problem.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

Hi Pete,

i was looking to do this once and used the following ugly work-around. It took a bit of work but not too bad if you are doing once.

1. export to JSON
  2. go to https://json-csv.com/ and upload your json file
  3. export/download to excel
  4. delete all of the unwanted columns. I only need the title and checklist so it was all in one column as i recall.

I know, it isn't pretty, but it is free and only took me 10m to get what I wanted. :-)

Pete G October 15, 2019

Thanks Jack. I tried that before but that website wasn't returning anything that I could use. I'm not sure if it was stuck.

I ended up using Bridge24, which is amazing and has a fully functional trial period. 
That solved my problem.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

cool. it might not perform well if it is a big Trello board. too many records.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events