Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exists any powerup to see when a team member reads a card?

Manuel Briones February 12, 2019

All time I assign tasks for my team, but I don't know if they read them or not or when.

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019

@Manuel Briones there's no "read card" event in Trello, nor is an action triggered when a card is viewed or opened.

One obvious question to ask would be: at what point would you like to be notified? Like, if such an event existed in Trello, would you like to be notified the first time someone clicks on a card and not thereafter?

How are you assigning tasks, by adding team members? What would signify that they have accepted responsibility?

Perhaps instead of adding members, you could mention them in a comment and ask them to add themselves to the card to accept responsibility.

There may be a better way to achieve the outcome you're after. Have a go at describing your ideal workflow.

We have a lot of clients, each client has a different workflow and each one has a different Trello board.

For 3+ years we are using Trello Business Class with our Team to organize our tasks (we have designers, developers and sales agents) and Trello was easily to use to all.

Trello notifications isn't sufficient when we assigns a lot of tasks in different boards, some team members works in their own tasks without reply a card until it's finished. Then we need a very simple control to know if some team member has "seen" a card (like Mailtrack with emails). Why? because:

1.- An employee can say "I don't seen card" (when really was seen)

2.- An employee has lost they internet connection, they wasn't notified and before I lost hours or days I can made a call phone or something similar to get work do.

I assign tasks adding team members. I'm the boss xD, I don't need they "accept" responsibility.

Thanks in advance

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019

@Manuel Briones okay, I have had the same problem with managing a remote team and relying on Trello's notifications, and the Cards view makes it difficult to catch lots of tasks across a range of different boards. It also makes it hard for you to re-arrange people's priorities across multiple boards.

For this reason I created this integration called Benko Board which does a few things:

1) Allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client

2) Unsubscribes you from any card you're added to so you only get notified about being added, mentioned and removed

3) Adds a card to your Inbox for any card you're added to or comment you're mentioned in, linked back to the original, thus creating a better version of both the cards view and the notifications drawer

As The Boss(TM) you can then easily reprioritise things by going into their Benko Board and moving important tasks to the top of their priority list:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

@Iain Dooley Benkoboard it's a very interesting product (I've checked your video) but I don't see how it can be helps with my question, our cards are tasks coming from whatsapp conversations, phone calls, meetings and not only emails.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2019

@Manuel Briones in addition to letting you use Trello as a Gmail client, Benko Board puts cards you're added to, or comments you're mentioned in, into your inbox and linked cards.

This means that, from the perspective of a manager who has access to their team's boards, you can see what people have in their priority list, what's in their inbox etc.

This allows you to see whether they have looked at something because if it's in their inbox, they haven't looked at it (because if they looked at it, it should be in one of their other lists indicating when they will get to it).

Like Manuel Briones likes this

I understand. Your install fee is per account or all organization?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2019

@Manuel Briones it's per account, with no ongoing costs ... but if an organisation adopts this, typically I'll end up setting them up with their own instance and creating an on-boarding process that will automatically set up new team members going forward. The first step is just to try it yourself for a few days and see if it's a good fit, then we can discuss further what it would look like to roll it out for the team.

Manuel Briones February 13, 2019

I sent you an email :)

0 votes
igor February 12, 2019

Ask them to write a comment :D

Isn't safe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events