Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Trello Destop: Another program is currently using this file

Simon Hagan December 10, 2017

I've used Trello Destop for a short while and now I'm getting this message everytime I try to start it:

C.\Program Files|Windows.Apps\45273LiamForsythg.P.... (rest of the file name cut off)  Another program is currently using this file.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app (Under windows 10) but the same error still comes up..

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Simon

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear about that!

When you uninstalled the app, how did you do that? Did you just delete the app from your computer?

It definitely looks like something has gone wrong with the Windows installation, perhaps during an update, so I would suggest doing a complete uninstall of the app, which is a little more complex than just deleting. Take a look at this page for instructions: http://help.trello.com/article/1107-how-to-uninstall-the-trello-desktop-app

Can you give that a try and see if that clears this up?

Simon Hagan December 12, 2017

Michael thanks for your reply.

I found that somehow the folder had become corrupt and the app was not uninstalling properly.  So a little bit of updating on how to reset Windows Permissions in Windows 10 and I was able to delete the folder and reinstall and it's now working properly.

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events