Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise members (Not Managed vs showing email address)

Johny September 29, 2020

Hello

When I look at enterprise members, for some I see "Not Managed" and for some I see their email address under their name.

Can you please let me know what is the difference between these two accounts.

Should all enterprise members be managed?

Please let me  know.

Thanks

Johny

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Johny September 29, 2020

Thanks

1. How do I make this member managed? I still have licenses available. When I click on check box before user name I do not see any option to grant license.

2. I do not find this user in "Free managed account". I find this user only in Enterprise member and he uses domain email address.

3. Per my understanding if I make him managed, then he can use powerups, if not no.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

I was actually confused.

Licensed users should have access to unlimited PUPs and other paid features. The member you're referring to is already licensed if they’re appearing in the “Enterprise members” tab. This is why you're not seeing a “Grant License” button.
A user’s managed status only dictates the level of access/control the enterprise admin has over that account and its content. Users become managed one of 3 ways:
  1. Their account was created on a domain that has been claimed by your enterprise (this only applies to accounts that were created after the domain was claimed)
  2. Auto transfer (this usually happens after an enterprise claims a domain or domains)
  3. They follow a manual “Transfer Account to Enterprise” link and consent to having their account

If a user is not managed, they can certainly still be a licensed enterprise member unless the enterprise’s settings explicitly prohibit non-managed members.
I realize this is super confusing.  You can make the member go and be managed by having them follow the url below but you have to put your enterprise name into the url (you can get that by looking at the enterprise name in the url when looking at the enterprise dashboard)

https://trello.com/enterprise/enterpris_name_here/transfer-account

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2020

These are people from your domain that are not currently "managed" or licensed by you. 

You are not currently paying for those users and so the Enterprise settings you have are not currently being applied to those users.  

I would say that normally, yes, you should manage all members from your domain but ultimately that may be a decision that you make to not manage those users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events