Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endless email notification on Team Board

angelina.fong February 11, 2020

We keep receiving an email notification when we generate a new card in a board on our team. We have looked everywhere but can't see where the notification is turned on. We see the email coming from our team email "on behalf of Trello" without a valid address. 

The emails are getting sent to a microsoft group that we have setup. I am not sure where this is linked to our trello team and can't seem to find it to unlink it. 

We do have a slack team linked but that is a different email address.

This endless barrage of email notification is quite tiring ... so any suggestions or help is appreciated!

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
angelina.fong February 13, 2020

We worked it out! It was a Teams setting that we had to dig through layers to find. All good now! 

Chad Epps March 2, 2020

Angelina, we are having the exact same problem.   Can you please share was Team setting you needed to change?  

Chad Epps March 2, 2020

That should be "Can you please share what Team setting...."  Thanks!

angelina.fong March 4, 2020

Hi there,

It was a little convoluted and I don't remember exactly what I did. I think it was the Connectors as described here:

https://help.trello.com/article/1086-the-trello-app-for-microsoft-teams

Let me know if that works. As I'd love to know if that is the correct fix or not, just in case we need it again for our next team!

:)

Chad Epps March 4, 2020

Thanks for the followup Angelina. We were able to find the issue and resolve.  We had to go into the Sharepoint group settings and remove the Trello Connectors.  Someone had set up the connectors by mistake!  I was looking for a resolution in Trello, but it was actually in the Sharepoint settings.  

angelina.fong March 4, 2020

We were surprised as well. Spent ages checking and double checking the settings on Trello. Before finding the share point connector. A total pain ... glad you found the solution and confirmation. 

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2020

Hi 

Notifications are represented on the Trello site with a bell shaped button in the top right corner. 

Click on this button, and you can change how often you get notification emails. 

I have tried that and have already set it to Never. However, this works on Personal Boards but it doesn't work on our Team Boards.

That's why we are so confused!

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 11.17.31 pm.png

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2020

You should contact trello support. 

Thanks for your help! Glad I'm not the only one stumped. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events