Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails sent from Trello use Generic email, how to change?

Andy Adams November 18, 2021

Hey All, 

Have set up an auto email to be sent to our clients 28 days before a due date and it's working however it comes from a generic trellobutler email (andyadams-39-noreply@) and basically just isn't very professional and will likely be skipped over. 

Understand there is SendBoard however we don't want every email that comes in to have a card created. We only want the outgoing email features that offers. 

Can you have the Automatic email be sent using SendBoard from our custom email but not have any of the other incoming email feautures? 

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2021

@Andy Adams 

I am not as familiar with Sendboard as I am with Contalist. The latter allows you to send from your own email (or a company email) depending on the plan you subscribe. It has template for mail and text, simple set of automation and web forms that comes with it. The ability to have different contact types and groups can be quite useful when you need to work from a card with different contacts. A creative way to use groups is to complete Trello automation since you can @group to sent email that contains comment content. 

0 votes
Mark Fowles November 22, 2021

Hey @Andy Adams,

What you are looking to do is possible with SendBoard. Once you have configured your email address you can remove the forwarding rules so that inbound emails are never sent to Trello. Emails you send will still be sent from your own domain. And you can use saved reply templates with SendBoard or Trello variables.

You'll need to temporarily set up forwarding rules in order to verify your email address. But if you are concerned about all email being forwarded, you could set your rule up to only forward emails that are sent to your address from verify@sendboard.com.

I hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events