cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not received and cant change back the account email

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

Hi there

We have a user in our employ that had a Trello account (as eg.Name Surname) - his primary email was and is name.surname@company.com - he left our employ and joined back a month ot 2 back still using the same email and profile. We opted to have Atlassian manage our Trello users by today (6 May and not 1 June) but when he goes through the banner process he was not getting the email confirmation (at name.surname@company.com) - he also never got any trello email notifications since he joined back.

As testing, we tried change the Trello account email to names@company.com (an alias) where he is getting emails and then revert it back to name.surname@company.com. BUT he cannot revert it back to name.surname@company.com as he does not get the confirmation email and now he is 'stuck' on the wrong email "names..." and not name.surname..

Please assist urgently as we do not want 2 accounts created created for him and cause issues on the Atlassian transition.

Thank you in advance.

Yatish

3 answers

0 votes
Nicholas M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2020

Emails that are were open and then closed, more than likely still receive email while that account has been closed. Because you probably can't or don't unsubscribe from all services or close all accounts down created with that email.

But when you close the email on your end these services don't know until they send you another email. At which time you reply that the user does not exist. So rather than they keep trying to send you email, they add you to a block list that says if i get another email from here to that same inbox don't send it. I know the user is no longer there.

However you have re opened this email box months later. Unfortunately these email providers like the ones mentioned here i.e sendgrid and sparkpost don't know this. The user is probably still in their block list given its only a couple months.

This is why when you make a new email box it works, because for them its the first time they have tried and low and behold it goes through. You may need them to ask them to remove you from any block lists. You may face this problem many times over, is that old address important enough to not stick with the new?

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2020

Hi Nicholas - Thanks for the detailed reply. The old and new email address is the same. So who and where do I request his email to be unblocked? I have sent an email to support@trello.com to assist with this too.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

Hi @Yatish Madhav,

Just stepping in here! I think that support@trello.com address isn't right anymore; you'll want to go through http://trello.com/contact to have it unblocked.

Let me know if you have any trouble there.

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2020

Hello Yatish!

From my understanding, the Trello team has gotten in touch with you on your open support ticket, and my colleague Vincent has been assisting you.

Is the user you're referring to in the support ticket the same one who's having issues receiving email? If so, I believe Vincent will be able to assist you with that.

Thank you, in advance!

Shannon

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2020

Hi Shannon - It is a bit linked But not exactly. I.e that ticket is about a duplicate trello > atlassian account and needing to change the email address of the correct accound and delete the old incorrect account. While this ticket is about Pakiso not getting emails (what is linked is that he also has 2 accounts that will need to be resolved soon)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
May 14, 2020

Hi @Yatish Madhav,

Thank you for confirming. I replied now to your reply to Nicholas. You can raise a ticket with Trello team using their support portal instead of that email address. I shared the URL below.

Let me know if you have any trouble and I can help you out.

Shannon

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

@Yatish Madhav I think Trello uses SendGrid for their transactional email, and if delivery ever fails to an address it gets blocked. You will need to email support@trello.com and ask them to unblock that email.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2020

Thanks Iain, appreciate the response. 

I sent an emai to that address. But got back an email saying I need to submit it via trello.com/contact which I have done so ... I have also requested if it is possible at all to see all the emails in our domain that are blocked and would like to unblock them all IF they are valid.

Any other route I could take to get this resolved sooner?

Thank you again ...

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2020

@Yatish Madhav oh right looks like they changed how they do their support. I'll see if I can get someone from the Atlassian team to check in via the Slack channel

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2020

@Iain Dooley - great, thank you very much, Iain.

I am keeping a lookout for these responses in email as there are so many "channels" - ie. the contact form, the forum, the atlassain forum, atlassian developer community, etc. It is getting so confusing ... and we haven't moved entirely onto Atlassian as yet (still testing and investigating ...)

Thank you, again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events